MI TV Stick
Smart TVs have made life more accessible than it could be, and there is no doubt in that as things have gotten real smart in the past few years.
Coming from smartphones to smart TVs, the innovation doesn’t seem to stop there. Having access to the Internet, online videos, live tv shows, music, and even playing games is easily made via smart TVs.
TVs like the Android platform and Amazon’s Fire OS seem to be different and unique with additional features and functions rather than that of Tizen and WebOS, which are decent but don’t match the level of TVs produced now under the banner of Android and Fire OS.
Now getting back to old fashion considering that you have a smart TV with fewer features or a TV that is not smart at all. For example, Samsung Televisions, which were produced a few years back, didn’t have extra features like Netflix, YouTube, etc., which nowadays are available on TVs. In that case, what are you supposed to do? You can’t dump that TV or get another, so what other options are left for you to get access to such features while having that not-so-smart TV at home?
Well, here comes MI TV Stick. A revolution for old fashion TVs to get a taste of new fashion. To cover its home screen with widgets of Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc. MI TV stick price in Bangladesh is ৳3200.00 (taka).
Description of MI TV Stick
The Xiaomi MI TV stick is a portable streaming media player or calls it a magical TV stick because it is generational magic. However, Xiaomi has taken all the credit by making a non-smart TV into a smart TV or converting normal TV into Android TV.
Xiaomi MI TV stick runs Android 9 feature. It provides your TV with that extra support to run Android 9 and has features like:
- Chromecast: This feature allows you to connect your TV with your phone, tablet, or computer. You can easily connect any device with your TV using an MI stick and play whatever you want without interruption.
- Voice over: Bored with typing? Well, the MI TV stick also provides a Google Assistant feature. You can now command to play or search for whatever you like without even typing it.
- Bluetooth: It also provides a Bluetooth feature that makes it accessible for you to connect to any device via Bluetooth. Also, it comes with a Bluetooth remote, which gives access to control the TV.
The above features are the only few that are mentioned in the blog to give you a basic idea of what this MI TV stick provides your TV. Besides, many other features come with the MI TV stick.
One of the benefits of the Xiaomi TV stick is that it is lightweight and small in size. You can easily carry it in your pocket and stream it whenever you can. No need to carry tons of cables or plugs; just connect the portable device to any TV or computer, and you can easily get access to turn a device into an Android TV with 1080 p.
MI TV stick has no complicated setup, instead follow two steps, and you’ll get access to an Android TV.
- Plug the HDMI portable device into your TV. Mainly TV has that insert plugin in the back of the TV, so make sure you do it carefully instead of being hard and trying it brutally.
- Go to settings and connect the TV to your wifi, and you’ll be able to control your non-smart Android TV.
What is the purpose of using an Android TV if you are not using it for entertainment purposes? Xiaomi TV stick gives you access to tons of online applications and video streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc. Also, it has Google Play Store in it; in case you want to download an application on your TV, you can easily do it.
Along with the MI TV stick, you will find a remote. This remote has a Bluetooth feature available in it which will give you control over your TV. You can play, search, watch anything you want to do. Also, it has the Google Assistant feature, which lets the person using the remote send commands to the OS through voice instead of typing.
For example, Hey, Google. Would you please play a song for me?
Both DTS and Dolby multichannel HD audio decoding are supported by the Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/dongle. During ultra HD Blu-ray video playback, the result is smoother, more dynamic, immersive, and realistic stereo surround sound.
- Output Resolution: MI TV stick has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): It includes Quad-core Cortex A53.
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): ARM Mali 450.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): Xiaomi has provided 1 GB of RAM in the portable device.
- Read-only Memory (ROM)/Storage: It also has 8 GB of storage in it. However, only 5 GB of storage is available for use.
- Operating System (OS): This device runs Android 9 as an OS.
- Length: The length of the stick is 92.4 mm.
- Width: MI TV stick has a width of 30.2 mm.
- Thickness: The thickness of the stick is 15.2 mm. It can easily fit into your pocket.
- Colour: MI Tv stick usually comes in Black colour only. You’ll only find this colour stick in the market and also if you purchase it online.
- Weight: The stick’s weight is similar to carrying a cherry. It has only 28.5 grams of weight.
- 5G wifi: Yes, MI TV Stick is available in 5G.
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Bluetooth: It contains version 4.2.
MI TV stick is available in multi-languages. You can select the language of your choice without any complications.
- Video decoder: VPN-10, H 265, H 264, VC-1, MPEG1/2/4, Real8/9/10 are decoders in Xiaomi MI TV stick.
- Video formats: RM, MOV, VOB, AVE, MKV, TS, WMV, MP4 are the video formats that you can play on the TV via stick.
- Audio decoder: Processed by Dolby and DTS audio decoders.
- Audio format: You can listen to audio in formats like AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, RM, WMA.
- Image format: BMP, GIF, HD JPEG, JPEG, PNG, TIFF image formats accessible in MI TV stick.
- Power Type: MI TV stick has a digital Power Supply.
- Power Input Vol: The TV stick input power is 5V.
- Power Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60 Hz is the adapter power.
- HDMI: Xiaomi TV stick has HDMI version 2.
- Micro USB: On the left of the TV stick, you will fund a USB port.
Accessories in the Box
- Bluetooth Remote.
- The user manual is available in case you find any difficulty using the MI TV stick.
- Power Adapter to charge the MI TV stick.
Xiaomi MI TV stick price in Bangladesh is ৳3200.00 (taka).
Xiaomi is known for providing the most value for money. It takes pride in undercutting competitors’ prices while providing comparable (if not superior) specifications and performance. This is something we’ve come to expect from the Chinese company, and this time is nothing like different. It’s only ৳428.53 (taka) cheaper than the Chromecast with Google TV, but you get a much relatively good experience as well.
When you open an application or scroll around, the processor appears to be running smoothly, and the system doesn’t lag apart from when it overheats. When using Google Assistant, it quickly responds when accessed. In comparison to other streaming devices, the Xiaomi MI TV stick has a fine overall performance. Given that nearly every other media streamer at this price point now supports 4K, the fact that it can only play 1080p content isn’t a big deal. But, overall, video streaming looks sharp, and colour production is also good. The audio output is evident, and the stick is Dolby Audio and DTS compatible. It has a volume control that is independent of the TV’s master volume control.
The build quality of the remote is adequate, but there are better options available. The remote for the Chromecast with Google TV is smaller and sleeker, the controller for the Nvidia Shield TV is more ergonomic, and the larger remote for the TiVo Stream 4K has more buttons to play with.
In addition, the controller requires two AAA batteries, which are not included in the box, and that’s one of the negative gestures as every company provides that in the box.
Shall one buy it?
The Xiaomi Mi TV Stick isn’t exactly a valuable item, with the Chromecast and Google TV costing less. Even if you stick with Android TV devices but don’t want Google’s latest, the TiVo Stream 4K is a better performer for a similar price. The Fire TV Stick 4K and Roku Streaming Stick Plus are two excellent alternatives outside of the Android TV ecosystem.
And, regardless of which competitor you choose, they are all better performers and offer 4K streaming rather than 1080p, and this negative aspect reduces the chances of a person going for this product.
The only advantage Xiaomi has is its small portable device and solid connection to your TV. It also has a very clean user interface.
Because of all of the great things about Android TV, such as Google Assistant, the Play Store, and Cast support, the Xiaomi Mi TV Stick is still a reasonable pick in regions where there are few options to choose from.
Xiaomi MI TV Stick VS Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Xiaomi Mi TV Stick was recently released in Bangladesh, and it is a direct competitor to the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The Xiaomi Mi TV Stick, in particular, is the newest market entrant in the low-cost streaming market segment. It has a lot of the same features and capabilities as the Fire TV Stick. After that, here’s a comparison of the differences between these two streaming devices:
The MI TV Stick and the Fire TV Stick have almost identical sizes and resemble USB drives. The presence of a dual-tone colour on Xiaomi’s offering distinguishes it from the competition. In addition, the MI TV Stick remote has dedicated buttons for Google Assistant, Prime Video, and Netflix, whereas the Fire TV Stick remote only has one for Alexa.
The MI TV Stick is powered by a quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. It’s powered by Android 9.0 and has Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity. The Fire TV Stick, on the other hand, has a quad-core processor, similar RAM and storage space, and Bluetooth 4.1 LE.
Both the Mi TV Stick and the Fire TV Stick support streaming FHD videos at 60 frames per second, as well as Dolby Audio and DTS surround sound. The main difference in playback is that the MI TV Stick has built-in Chromecast support, whereas the Fire TV Stick has screen mirroring support.
- App Support
The MI TV Stick has access to the Google Play Store, whereas Amazon’s offering has its own app store. Aside from that, both streaming sticks are compatible with all of the popular OTT apps, including Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Hotstar, and others. With Apple TV, the Fire TV Stick has the upper hand, but the Mi TV Stick will have a larger app catalogue thanks to Google Play Store.
The MI TV Stick price in Bangladesh is 3200 Taka. The Fire TV Stick, on the other hand, costs 4500 Taka, which is significantly more expensive. Both streaming sticks have nearly identical specifications and features, including a large OTT catalogue, FHD 1080p streaming, voice assistant support, and a simple UI. The MI TV Stick is a good option if you’re looking for a low-cost option. The Fire TV Stick is a good buy if the price isn’t an issue and you want to use Apple TV+.
Is the MI TV Stick useful in any TV?
Yes, as long as it has a free HDMI port and you have a wifi internet connection at that location, you can use it with any TV. The stick is powered by a micro-USB charger and plugs into an HDMI port. If the TV’s USB port can supply the necessary current, it can also be used to power it.
Availability of OTT Subscription
The MI TV stick doesn’t provide you with an OTT subscription. Each OTT service you want to watch on this device requires a subscription. The MI TV Stick gives you a platform and the ability to watch all of the supported streaming services. This product’s purchase price includes only the hardware and software.
Be the first to review “Xiaomi MI TV Stick 1 GB RAM Android 9.0”